Friday, January 11, 2008

Love / Hate

Great deli ninety seconds from my desk. / Variable pricing for the same item depending on which cashier I get, which day of the week it is, or seemingly how cloudy it is in Mumbai.


Outsourcing projects I hate or cannot perform to gardeners, plumbers, mechanics, etc. / Having to deal with said people.*


Hobos, monkeys, robots. / Not being able to include midgets because of political correctness.


Denise and most of my children.** / People who sit next to me on the train without removing their still-dripping overcoat.


Random and unnecessary use of footnotes. / Gimmicky blog posts.
.
.
.
.

* I was recently accused of being elitist for not wanting to give a gift of uncertain value to wealthy business partners, so let me clarify. All work is noble. Blue collar jobs are fine and those who hold them can be great. We have an excellent carpenter who has worked for us and was a pleasure. One of my best friends paves roads. It’s the landscaper who will only come out to the house “if the weather is nice” or the plumber who insists that the water has to be turned off for twenty four hours to complete a twenty minute connection that irritate me. My mechanical knowledge is quite limited, so if I know more about your job than you do, you go on the right hand side of this equation.

** You know the old saying: You can love all of your children some of the time and some of your children all of the time, but dang it kid if you don't shut your pie hole before I count to 'belt'....

2 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

You/Snobs...let's just not let the two become interchangeable, shall we?

January 12, 2008  
Blogger Lisa said...

friends/not being able to talk, hangout or see them

January 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home