Wednesday, December 03, 2008

-2; 80%

Maybe it's that two of my favorite bloggers have recently made amusing pregnancy related posts.

Possibly it could be a general sense that some details aren't meant to be shared.

Whatever it is, I find myself compelled to ask why a friend chose to respond to a question about the health of his very pregnant wife by telling me her degree of effacement and dilation. Over email.

In rankings of too much information, spousal cervical condition is pretty high up my list.

3 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

I'm so glad to hear that in my last days of the past few pregnancies you weren't walking around talking about my insides. You're a champ.

December 06, 2008  
Blogger Bubba the Hutt said...

I'm married to an RN, I'm used to hearing WWWWWWWAAAAAAYYYYYYY too much info on people. They tell her everything.

My favorite experience was when we were waiting to be seated at Chili's. There was a couple waiting next to us that my wife struck up a conversation with (my wife is very social). Within 2 minutes of learning my wife's occupation this lady was talking about how she can't breast feed her baby because she has inverted nipples.

I quietly curled up in the fetal position, closed my eyes and rocked back and forth, humming Show tunes to myself in an effort to purge the images that were assaulting my brain.

December 08, 2008  
Blogger liz said...

I regret when people asked how I was doing after having my first, former co-workers, the first thing I said was 'he's nursing like a pro!' because it was truly something I worried about. And then the conversation ended quickly.

Bad visual I offered. And poor conversation direction. oops.

December 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home