Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sad State of Affairs

Do you want to know how bad things are on Wall Street? Okay, that's rhetorical because I know most people really don't care and the rest are enjoying the schadenfreude. I'm going to answer the question anyway.

Here is how bad things are on Wall Street:





That is the basket of bananas put out this morning on my floor.

Seriously people, I know my firm has lost more than one hundred and thirty billion dollars of market capitalization and has thus far avoided going down the bowl along with some of our peers only by clinging to whatever dubious refuse floats past us, but COME ON. When fruit like that is the best we can offer in these troubled times the terrorists have won.

6 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Another reason for the compound: better breakfast.

January 21, 2009  
Blogger Denise said...

Yes, Bubba. Yes, you are.

January 21, 2009  
Blogger PassTheChips said...

Maybe someone was hoping someone else would make banana bread. As I recall from 15 years ago, Denise makes a mean banana bread.

January 21, 2009  
Blogger Denise said...

Mike, for a man who has been tortured by gluten for many years now, I am both impressed and honored that you would remember any baked good made that long ago.

And btw, my banana bars are so much better than my banana bread -- but alas, contain gluten.

January 22, 2009  
Blogger Nina said...

i just wanted to say thank you for the laughs...I'm been remiss in my reading of your blog, I wanted snarky laughing tonight as I had a hard day in court and it (and all your comments) fit the bill nicely

January 27, 2009  
Blogger Deb said...

I like the word snarky. I think they are snarky bananas.

January 28, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home