Thursday, February 08, 2007

A Disturbing Trend

Ben was the first of my friends to write a blog I regularly read. He hasn't written since September.

Robert persisted longer, but he hasn't written since December.

Mark is writing consistently. It's still early days for his blog, so while I'm enjoying it I'm not holding my breath that it will last.

Mike is the only person of the male gender I personally know who consistently blogs and has for some time.

In contrast, about a dozen women I know regularly update their blogs.

That's roughly 1:12 for those of you keeping score at home.

I thought this might reflect some important demographic trend that would be worthy of comment.


.


.


.



Yesterday Blogger destroyed a post I'd written and hadn't backed up, so it turns out that Google is just anti-male.

11 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Very Funny!

February 09, 2007  
Blogger mae said...

On the bright side, you may know more about your friends wives than they do.

February 09, 2007  
Blogger mae said...

On the bright side, you may know more about your friends wives than they do.

February 09, 2007  
Blogger Mumsy said...

That's very true. My husband rarely, if ever reads my blog.

February 10, 2007  
Blogger Denise said...

My husband reads my blog. But really, that's because he's amazing.

February 12, 2007  
Blogger PassTheChips said...

I'm sad that you haven't yet posted about WoW. Where is the love and more importantly, what server are you on and what dungeons have you done?

February 13, 2007  
Blogger Denise said...

Mike,

I posted about WoW and afterall Daniel and I are one...so that's gotta count for something.

February 13, 2007  
Blogger daniel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 13, 2007  
Blogger daniel said...

extreme nerdiness below, apologies.

mike - eitrigg, lvl 38 ne druid. completed bfd, dm, wc, stockades, gnomer. hoping to do sm over the next week or so. girls have characters but i haven't been able to get denise to play.

February 14, 2007  
Blogger PassTheChips said...

denise, I'm not sure that snippet qualifies as a post about WoW. I searched the past three months looking for an in-depth post about your blood elf adventures in bfd, but no luck.

daniel, you are doing better than I am. I'm only level 26 and have done deadmines and have tried soloing the stockades a few times and was slaughtered each time.

February 14, 2007  
Blogger Denise said...

Daniel & Mike,

I keep my blood elf adventures sacred and close to my heart. They are not fodder for other's blogging comments. We can't all get up in testimony meeting and speak about WoW. Have a little compassion. Seriously, you two are HUGE nerds.

February 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home