Friday, December 22, 2006

Stop The Presses

Do you, like me, find that the so called mainstream press doesn't provide sufficient hobo-related information?

That was a rhetorical question; of course you do.

I'll have further comments on hobos as the weather on the east coast turns colder, but I can't say anything more about that just yet. The real reason for this post is to recommend that you immediately acquire a copy of John Hodgman's important almanac, The Areas of My Expertise, for all your information needs. If you fear papercuts, are illiterate, or just enjoy the quizzical looks of others as you convulse with silent laughter while listening to the audio player of your choice, you can download the audiobook for free from iTunes.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to find a good excuse for audibly chuckling while supposedly listening to a conference call for a semiconductor company. I'm sure I can explain why the call seems to deal more with eels than EBITDA if anyone asks....

5 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Yeah, it would be fun to listen to such a thing, IF I had such an audio device. But, there's only one at our house and the owner isn't known for sharing.

December 23, 2006  
Blogger Mo said...

Hey Daniel. Maybe you could get Denise an ipod for Christmas. Or do what I am doing. Give her your old one and get a new one for yourself.

December 23, 2006  
Blogger daniel said...

i actually bought her a new walkman last year, so she's probably covered in the audio department for a few years.

December 29, 2006  
Blogger Denise said...

New? Garage sale new maybe. I know, I know...new to me, it was new to me. Now, if you'll just get me some Randy Travis cassette tapes, I'll be stylin' at the gym.

December 29, 2006  
Blogger daniel said...

i'll try to find album covers to match your leg warmers.

January 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home