Monday, December 11, 2006

What I Saw at Lunch

- A bank teller who refused to give me the paper band holding a bundle of bills together (I was getting one hundred one dollar bills for parking) and instead gave me an envelope too small by half. Why couldn't I have the more convenient paper band?

- A 436 page prospectus. Can you imagine the fun I'm in for this afternoon?

- A large (6'2", 230ish) man in front of me at the Subway sandwich shop who briefly left the line to go get a couple of samples from the deli next door and then ordered two identical foot-long sandwiches. The easy assumption is that he was picking up something for a co-worker, but I'm not so sure. Based on his size, his evident appetite (surely no one needs a few mouthfuls of free panini four minutes prior to lunch), and the fact that the sandwiches were exactly the same do you suppose it's possible that one person intended to consume twenty four inches of mediocre bread, questionable luncheon meats, and stale vegetables?

3 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

But to me...the real question here is...why were YOU at Subway? You don't like Subway. Is it getting tough to find variety in Manhattan these days? Need to find a bigger place with more options?

December 11, 2006  
Blogger Mo said...

The real question is the 100 dollars in singles. And the reason, for parking?? I have never seen a parking meter that takes dollar bills...

December 11, 2006  
Blogger daniel said...

subway is near the bank and i am lazy.

train station non-reserved parking has a payment box you slide money in, though the direction Mo's comment was heading would make for a better story.

December 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home