Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Race Is On

For the last few years, my head has been hosting a competition between bald and gray. Bald has taken an early lead on the crown, while gray is dominating the sides. I've never gotten anywhere on my looks so this doesn't bother me all that much, but given the choice I'd prefer the race was ended early on account of sufficient progress by both teams.

I've wondered what hair style, or lack thereof, will best suit the final state of my head. Here are a few options.

----------------------------------------
Exhibit One: the combover


A strong contender. My hair is too curly, though I suppose I could straighten it and then flop some overly lengthy strands across the top.
----------------------------------------

Exhibit Two: the ponytail


Maybe overcompensating on the back end will distract from the folically challenged front. I'd have to get a Camero though and that's just a deal breaker for me.

----------------------------------------

Exhibit Three: the chrome dome


Whoops, wrong gender. Didn't mean to scare you. Here's the one...


This has been my personal favorite for some time. Classic, easy to maintain, plus there's always an excuse to wear hats.

Today, however, everything changed. I've found the right style.

----------------------------------------


I'm sure you will agree with the paraphrased version of another baldy's most famous hit, nothing compares to this:

6 Comments:

Blogger Nina said...

I think if you do any but the ben kingman (is that his name?) king of siam (or whatever) one...Denise has the right to divorce you. and if you do that the way britney did, she has the right to divorce you. I could probably find a law supporting those suppositions.

March 31, 2009  
Blogger daniel said...

fair points nina. however, denise is smart and knows that if she wants me gone death is a superior option to divorce.

miserable banker alimony + child support < life insurance proceeds. much less.

April 01, 2009  
Blogger Denise said...

We've discussed this before -- and even though you may notice less hair --most of us don't, there's still plenty of hair on your gorgeous head.

And just in case you are trying for the bottom picture, may I suggest that you should start on that terrific beard now. He certainly didn't grow that overnight.

April 01, 2009  
Blogger Bubba the Hutt said...

I have the same problem and have been trying to convince my wife to let me shave my head for the better part of a year, she says the same thing your wife does "even though you may notice less hair --most of us don't, there's still plenty of hair on your gorgeous head" (minus the "gorgeous").

Sat night we went to "Fast and Furious" and agreed if I had muscles like Vin Diesel I could shave my head. Today I signed up for our new on-site gym, I'll be working out every day during lunch.

April 06, 2009  
Blogger daniel said...

bubba - tell your wife you DO have muscles like vin diesel. yours may not all be the same sizes, but i think an impartial jury would rule that you can use the oxford english definition "having the same characteristics or qualities as some other person or thing" to your advantage here.

April 06, 2009  
Blogger Denise said...

Ah c'mon Bubba. Wendy would totally describe you as gorgeous... she already has in several posts. I think I recall the last one being: extra rugged. Pretty sure that's wifese for "gorgeous."

April 09, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home