Thursday, April 12, 2007

Do Not Read This

It will remind you of your own frustrating experiences with stupid people or reinforce the negative ideas you have about me. Either way you should do something better with your time than read this.

Seriously, close the browser now.

Yesterday I called my accountant to check on the status of our taxes. While the senior guy is decent, there's a new junior person every year and the one we got this time wasn't finished yet. She assured me they would be ready today. I arranged to have Denise pick them up so I could review them. Accountant agreed to have everything ready for pick-up first thing this morning. When Denise called, the accountant says she mailed them. Two business days before everything has to be filed she mails documents for my review. Moron.

It was a busy morning so I didn't get second breakfast until 10am. The craptacular closet of questionable food that passes for a cafeteria here closes at 10:30am. I made some toast and went looking for the peanut butter. One of the employees decided that he couldn't wait 25 minutes until they closed to refill the peanut butter bucket, so I got to stand around for five minutes while he reloaded it from half-full to full. Bad thinking, slow moving food service worker then looks bugged when I ask for the peanut butter bucket that was sitting next to him on the counter out of my reach while he moved on to his next task. Imbecile.

Before Denise reminds me of it, I know that my charity faileth often. At least I feel better now and will be able to handle the next dose of stupidity with an eye roll and a sigh.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

2 Words Daniel. "The Bird". Use it often and sometimes both handed and you will feel much better in such situations.

April 12, 2007  
Blogger daniel said...

thanks for the suggestion. for better or worse though, i cannot use that gesture. too long to explain why here, so i'll post on it in the future.

April 13, 2007  
Blogger Denise said...

It's ok that your charity failed hon -- no one can have everything and you've got so much: brains, good looks, cute kids, exceptionally clever wife, etc. I could go on, but don't want to embarass you.

April 13, 2007  
Blogger Mo said...

You will have to result to swearing then. DB is my personal favorite and it isn't even a swear word per se.

April 13, 2007  
Blogger PassTheChips said...

Please. Embarrass him. It's your duty. Start with your secret cutesy names. I bet Daniel's is Schwubby Wubby.

April 14, 2007  
Blogger Denise said...

Hmmm, I think Mike's been snorting his curly fries. Because everyone knows your nicknames all begin with "D". And, without trying I embarass you with aplomb on a regular basis.

April 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home